Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Pin Points

Let me tell you a story.
One day I came home and helped my poor little brother with an English paper. All of you lovely people know that when you write a paper, you need to have an attention grabber to go POP! LOOK AT ME I...AM AWESOME! Well I, the awesome person that I am, had an unbelievable flashback. 
SETTING: My silver 03 Oldsmobile Alero, Oaks, green and brown rough plants across the freeways, not anything what December should look like. Yes, I am in California. Well kind of, I am making my way, cross country to my beloved white wonderland (insert sarcasm here) of Idaho. Anywhoo back to my story. My good pal Daniel and I were traveling back from the holidays from Ventura CA. We started back to the homeland, when Daniel insisted to drive first. "Ok let me see your GPS" he says.
"Psh GPS, Lets use my handy dandy IPHONE. Ya for its google maps." I say
-__- is the face he gives me. "I want to check the altitude."
"eh fair enough," for I know my google maps doesn't do altitude. While he drives, I was looking at my google maps. "Added Pin Point" Jr (my Iphone 4s) says to me. But I dont want to add the pin point, so I figure out how to take it off and move on with the trip. Through California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and of course Idaho. And through that road trip, Google maps were branded into my brain. Hey, a 17 hour car ride will do that to a person.
Anywhoo... So we use the metaphor of road maps at Harrison's attention grabber. Comparing it to life and careers, how we choose things affects where the map takes us. 
BUT ALAS,
Just like the Grinch on top of mount Krumpit, I realized Christmas was more then just gifts, ha jk but I did have an epiphany. You cant change the Pin Points in your life, they are there, whether we want them to be or not, there there. You cant go back and dismiss them, but if you look at them, it shows you where life just took you. Imagine if you couldn't get rid of the Pin Points on a Google map... We can see everywhere we went in life. We can look back and say hey, Pinpoint 47 is when we were chased by Emu's (true story) or anything like that. 
SO
This is the blog for people, just like me, who love hearing about adventures, however relate able or not. Here, I will answer lifelong questions, and give advice, and yes, add a Pin Point in there somewhere.

To the Pin Points!

No comments:

Post a Comment